Saturday, May 12, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown: Color Challenge #5

Welcome back to another week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown!  This week, I have a NONTRADITIONAL color scheme for you.  Who'd have thunk it of little ol' me, huh?  If you don't already know, let me just say that I ADORE nontraditional colored holiday cards!

So here's you color challenge for this week~

Purple and green is a super duper favorite color scheme of mine, and silver just gores really well with it!!!

Here's my first card, a bit crazy, and details~
 




I don't know what I think of this one.  Sometimes I like it, sometimes I think it threw up Christmas.  I'll send it to a friend who really loves me and has a bit of an eclectic style. ;)

Card 2 and details~
 




This one is a bit more to my liking.  And it was so simple!  Patterned paper, specialty embossed paper, ribbon, and a quick stamped sentiment and voila!

So there you have it, friends!  I can't wait to see what everyone else creates with these colors!  And for more fabulous inspiration cards, check out Jacqueline's blog!  Merry stamping!!! :)

4 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Yep, they're definately non-traditional ;-)

being a CAS kind of girl I LOVE the second one it's just beautiful :-)

Tara x

Jacqueline said...

Fab cards Mynnette - gorgeous use of the colours.
I'm writing this on the 13th so I guess it's your birthday.
Many Happy Returns - I've sent you a little something by e-mail if you'd care to take a look - have a great day - Jacqueline xx

Vicky Hayes said...

It's a great colour combination Mynnette and I love both cards! Vicky x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mynette and happy birthday ! Hope you have a wonderful day . As for your cards I love them both with their non traditional colours, just super as always.

Marie