Thursday, May 10, 2012

Retro Sketches...

I was very pleasantly surprised to see that this card got a shout-out over at Retro Sketches last week--thank you, ladies!!!  You totally made my week! :)  It was the first time I'd played along, so it was a complete surprise! :)  And when I saw that I won, I took a look at this week's sketch.

Here it is~

Isn't it fabulous?!  I know it lends itself to CAS design, but I made two cards and both lean towards the not so CAS.  I'll share one in this post, and then another in a post in a few minutes...  This first card is going to be a graduation card for my little sis, and is therefore a "Spread the L-O-V-E" card.  She's graduating from high school this month, and she will shine!!!

Here's the card~

Details~



For those of you who know me, I am totally NOT a bow person.  So it really scared me to try and make a bow!  But I think I did ok.  So what do you think?  I really love it!  I know my sis will, too!!!  Thanks for popping by tonight--come back in just a few minutes to see another take on the fabulous Retro Sketches sketch for this week!!! :) Happy stamping!!!!

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty and feminine Mynnette! Your bow looks great. The sheer ribbons are easy to tie and stand up well, they're a great starter ribbon. Satin is slippery and takes a bit more work and heavy weight or wide ribbons can be tricky too. This comes from my gazillion bows during my floral design years LOL. You're doing great ;)

Kim B said...

Beautiful bow!! and lovely card! I am sure she will love the card!

Danielle Vincent said...

I love your big sheer bow - it immediately caught my eye when I saw your thumbnail on the Retrosketches site. Your color choices, the layering and the textures are so very well chosen and coordinated - and the bow - oh I already told you I love the bow, but it seriously was just the perfect finishing touch (in my opinion). Beautiful card - just lovely!

Victoria said...

Fabulous bow and gorgeous papers!

Jacqueline said...

I've looked at your cards in the wrong order - I saw the B&W one first - this is a beautifully pretty and feminine card Mynnette and another gorgeous bow - Jacqueline xx

Jackie Rockwell said...

The bow is so soft and pretty! The layering and embossing is really lovely! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!