Tuesday, May 8, 2012

They call me mellow yellow....

...not really today.  I've been in a very much LESS THAN sunshiny happy mood today.  Very tired, very grumpy, and very ready for the school year to be over.  And I lost my temper at work with a coworker.  Which literally takes a lot of effort, because I try really hard to brush stuff off and go with the flow as much as possible.  So now I feel like a failure after coming home feeling justified and then taking a nap.  I just want to quit--dealing with the same issues every single day seems pointless to me.  Not sure WHY I'm telling you this, but I needed to get it out!

Okay, let's go onto the actual reason of the post.  One of my absolute favorite colors--YELLOW!!!  I do NOT use this color as much as I should, especially since it really is one of my favorites.  Second only to purple!  So imagine my great delight when I saw that the challenge over at Less Is More was to make a CAS card using yellow!!!  I decided to keep it really simple, and so a one layer card...with some bling and glitter. ;)

Here's my card~

Details~



I was so happy to get to use yellow that I made another card using yellow, too!  This one is for the Do You Stack Up Circles challenge and the Moving Along With The Times Summer Sunshine challenge!  The song "You Are My Sunshine" inspired this card--the sentiment reminds me of the lyrics, "You make me happy when skies are gray." :)  I also used a little used embellishment--buttons!!!  I have quite a few, and NEVER use them.  So, new goal!

Here's the card~

Details~






Here's the cool inspiration from DYSU~

I'm so glad you came to visit tonight/today/whenever you're here!  I hope you like what you see and that you come play along with the fabulous challenges!  And thank you for not judging me.  I just needed to vent a bit there at the beginning!  Happy stamping, friends! :)

23 comments:

Katy said...

I hope your day is better tomorrow! That first card is so elegant! And the 2nd card is just so happy :)

Chrissie said...

I hope making these cards made you feel better Mynnette... they are certainly VERY cheery and very beautiful!
I simply LOVE the first one.
My father used to sing 'You are my sunshine' to me when I was tiny... and that was a lot of years ago I can tell you!
Happy memories!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marrigje said...

I wish you a great day today. It is time it summer.
I love both cards. The circle card is just great. The LIM card is beautiful.

Marrigje

Fliss said...

These are both absolutely gorgeous Mynnette. Loving yellow at the moment and the simplicity of the cards is lovely.
I'm with you on the button thing too - might have to take the use it up pledge!
Hope you're having a better day today.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Pauline said...

Two fabulous cards Mynnette, I love the use of buttons on your card, and the happy sunshiney feel.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Jacqueline said...

Very beautiful cards Mynnette - gorgeous sentiments. Hope you have a happier day today - it's your birthday soon surely that will cheer you up!! - Jacqueline xx

Tara Cardwell said...

Hope you're having a better day.

Your cards are very cheery so keep them in mind when you need a lift :-)
Tara

Jenni's Jems said...

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! but these are really lovely, and love the circle one a great way to use buttons (something that I rarely use either!)x

Victoria said...

Hope today is a much better day for you! Yellow is such a happy colour and I love the inkiness of the first card.... it's beautiful!

Mary Jo said...

Love your cheerful yellow cards! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Sorry you had a bad day Mynette. Hope this one is a lot better. Though I do think it doesnt do any harm in letting off steam now and then.

Both your yellow cards are beauties.

And your MMM card is a dream - I love the deep colouring on that image.

Take care Petal! Suzanne :)

Sarah said...

Sometimes it's just those kind of days... love both your cards and hope the yellow tones will bring some sunshine to your soul! Sarah

Dotty Jo said...

Two very different but equally gorgeous cards Mynette. Sorry you had a tough day, hope things improve, hugs to you, Jo x

wilwarine said...

nice cards, I really like the second one.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh hope that things sort themselves out for you at work. Its good to get stuff out on blogger as it helps xx

Love both the cards they are super, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxoxo

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card that first one & the second is a great fun card too. Sorry you had such a rubbish day, I often moan too, it's good to talk :) Viv xx

Mau xx said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colours and so classy looking.
Thanks for joining MAWTT this week.
Mau x

Pami said...

Beautiful cards, I really love the style and beautiful sunshine colours. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Sally H said...

Two stunning cards, Mynnette. I particularly love the first one. I hope your week gets better. It sounds like your day was like mine was yesterday. Hang in there hun x

Scrapmate said...

Love both cards but especially the first. Work can be very stressful sometimes, thank heavens for cardmaking, the perfect de-stresser.

Anonymous said...

Hi there busy little bee! I don't come to your blog for a few days and WOW how many fabulous cards how you made! LOVE these yellow ones I see the Art student in you here! hugs me xx

Susan said...

When I read your first sentence, it took me back to my youth...I remember that song! LOVE your cards, but that first one is breathtaking!

Kim B said...

Some beautiful cards, I love the yellow!! I agree about the buttons. I need to use some too. I love buttons in jars so I have quite a few! Oh, I know we all need to vent every once in a while. Have a good day! Hugs, Kim