Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay, so I'm a little early.  And I've skipped some holidays.  But I'm a bit over done on Christmas crafting at the moment and wanted to make something different.  Valentine it is!!!

Here's it is~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~


20121127-181138.jpg


I tried to keep this as CAS as possible--I'm trying to perfect the art of CAS.  I chose to do a "white on white" technique that I love where you dry emboss a panel of the same color as your base and then pop it up.  I used burgundy for my "white" space.  I added a bit of patterned paper by Authentique, a some punches by SU!, a simple sentiment from a set by Making Memories enhanced by a Sakura glitter gel pen, a small heart from Martha Stewart, and a sprinkling of pearls by SU! to finish it all off!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my creation!  I love seeing you all here! :)  Please come and join in these fabulous challenges, too!  Happy stamping! :)

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Well now would you just look at this divine creation!Love your dry embossing and the pretty banner. A wonderful Valentine Mynnette!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Mynnette! I must say that I've missed you. I know how busy you've been with your own endeavors, and I hope that things are going well. But, it is such a treat to have you join us once again for our challenge. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card. I don't think I've ever seen that particular embossing folder before - it is gorgeous and really made your card look awesome.
Have a very blessed week, my friend. SO good to see you!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Deborah Frings said...

This is just gorgeous - simply delightful! Love the sweet sentiment and the pearl accents. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Katy said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors you used! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love the embossed background and shimmery sentiment! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

sandie said...

wow this must be your crafting week! This is gorgeous, I think you have CAS pretty much sorted!

Sue Lelli said...

Well I'm with you on the over crafting for Christmas part and will be thinking Valentines soon! LOVE the embossed background and your pennant with the framed heart! Pretty card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Karen Petitt said...

Wow Mynnette, that is one gorgeous card. Love the embossing folder and the colour scheme is wonderful and so different to the normal 'red'. If you are like me you've made enough Xmas cards and need something a bit distracting from it x

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh this is absolutely stunning Mynnette and how nice to see an early valentine! Vicky x

Vickie Z said...

Love the dry embossed fleur image on the side and silver embossed sentiment!!! Yes, it's time to move on....although I do love making Christmas cards!! Wonderful! Thanks for playing at CR84 FN!!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Your embossed background is beautiful.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Great CAS card! Love the embossing! Great use of the sketch, too! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!

Wendy Swenne said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous. I'm just in love with this card!

Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

Have a blessed day.

Wendy

Shannon White said...

Oh I Love this!! Just Simply Darling and Oh So PRetty! Love the embossed BG and sparkly embossed sentiment too! And I am wit you too! Pretty Much Over Christmas cards too, lol Starting to switch gears to Valentines! 8-) So glad you could join us at CR84FN!
8-)

Pauline said...

A lovely CAS design!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!