Friday, May 31, 2013

Insomnia and other fun things

Hi, friends!  Well, it wouldn't be the summer without me staying up at all hours of the night to craft.  I've tried going to bed on time (about 10:00pm) the past week and I've had the worst insomnia.  Up every few hours, etc., and the awful thunder storms last night and this morning were making it even worse.  So, I took a nap this afternoon.  Which was bad.  Because now it's 12:30 am and I'm still up!  BUT, I made some fabulous crafty items!

I'll share these creations in a few posts so I don't get too picture heavy.  For this post, I've got an altered wood box that I've had lying around in my craft area for years.  Like 6 years to be exact.  Yeah...oh, and I've actually taken shots of details on this again because I'm really happy with the way it turned out!  I'll go back to my "one picture" rule tomorrow...it's okay to bend rules sometimes, right?! :)

Here's the outside~

Details of the cover~




Inside parts~


Other detail~

For these fabulous challenges~


(Wood box used)

(Most items used to create this are over 1 year old.)

Craft Room Challenges: Use Your Scraps

I used a new to me technique to create the text pages.  I'll be doing a video tutorial on how to make them later on so you'll have to pop back to see it!  I used stamps from the Ladies Journal line of Graphic 45, rhinestone swirls by Prima, book pages from a junk book purchased at a library sale long ago, pearls from my stash, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek!  I hope you like what you see and that you've been inspired to join in the fun at these fabulous challenges!  HUGS and happy crafting, friends! :)

13 comments:

Peanut said...

Oh My, Mynnette! This is a so utterly stunning..and...elegant...wow...I'm speechless! I'm looking forward to that video tutorial. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. Always a pleasure to hear from you!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Candy C said...

Mynette...your altered box is so pretty! I love the soft colors you've used. Love the contrast between the beige tones and the plum. Love the polka dot background as your base paper. The plum matting between the polka dots adn the book text looks fantastic! Your stamped images give such a vintage feeling. Love that! The bits of bling and dimensional pearls, ribbon, etc. all really work together to create a beautiful box. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Karen Petitt said...

Wowser! Gorgeous box, very chic and Parisian elegant! Looking forward to seeing your tut! Insomnia is a horrid thing, been suffering with it a lot too! Keep well hun Karen x

SD pooja said...

Wow ! Its so beautiful ..glad you bent your 1 pic rule..or we wouldn't have got to see the details.I loved the way you have decorated the box !

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our challenge Mynette. This is totally gorgeous. Love your vintage image and beautiful embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Zoechaos said...

Truly fabulous box it's such a good feeling when something on the alterable mountain completes isn't it? Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Daniele said...

totally amazing altered box, love the simple colour scheme, lots of elish stamping, so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
hugs

Nancy Seed said...

Stunning. Love the vintage look and feel. I always like how you take more than one picture to highlight different aspects of your project so please don't stop.

Big Hugs:)

Claire said...

Wow Mynette, this is a gorgeous project. The colours are really beautiful and I love the stamps you've used. Hope you soon catch up on some sleep and

Moz said...

Wow, I love this stunning piece of work. The colors are so elegant and choice of papers and images used, stunning! Very impressive project that I have enjoyed studying in detail!
Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.
Hugz
Moz

Maria said...

Oh my, this is soooo beautiful. I love everything about this from the stamps to the colour scheme. You give me hope, lol, I've had alterables waiting patiently for such a long time! Thanks for sharing with us at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria x

Mervi said...

hi Mynnette,
gorgeous creation so lovely and feminine.
thanks for sharing at craft-room challenge;-))m

Suzi B said...

Love this Mynnette especially the colours, awesome!
Suzi B xx
ps you are prolific :)