Saturday, July 27, 2013

52CCT: July Embellishment Challenge

Well, it's our last Christmas in July challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown but never fear!  We've got a new challenge every week through the beginning of December!  If you're just now joining us, welcome, and if you start with us at the New Year, you'll have all your cards done before the holidays arrive!!!  This week's challenge is a fun one!  We want to see you embellish with STITCHING--FAUX &/OR REAL.

Here's some inspiration~

My card~

I've used stamps by Inkadinkado, a glitter gel pen by Sakura (stitches & to highlight the sentiment)), liquid pearls by Ranger, and the ink and paper are by Stampin' Up!.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a gander!  I hope you mosey on over to the other DT members' blogs and leave a comment with each of them as well!  Merry stamping friends! :)


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Such a cute card Mynnette and your faux stitching looks perfect!

sarahstone said...

Your stitches look so real, Mynnette. I never would have been able to tell you did it with a pen! Your card is so clean and beautiful. Great job!

Deborah Frings said...

I love the colours you've used here - so pretty. Great image and sentiment! Love the liquid pearls too. Your lovely stitching reminds me that I must set up my sewing machine ;)

Ruth M said...

Fabulous faux stitching Mynn, it looks SO lifelike! Love the CAS feel and the colours and the liquid pearl accents are a pretty touch! Have a great week! Ruth x

Pia S said...

I like how you used stitching as embellishment on this card. And I SO love silhouette images, and this one with Santa and his sleigh is wonderful!

Jacqueline said...

Very neat stitching Mynnette - it's a gorgeous card - Jacqueline xx

Patricia Hays said...

I love the overall CAS design of your card! You pulled one over on me with your faux stitching - I thought it was real until I read your description. Excellent job! :)

Rosmarie said...

This is fabulous Mynnette! Your stitching is so well done that it looks like a real! I am in awe!
I also love the image and the colors you used, ....simply and without fuss!
Hugs Rosi