Monday, July 15, 2013

HOC: July Classic & Elegant Challenge

Hi, friends!  I am back with another challenge today at my newest challenge blog--House of Cards!  This challenge is a little bit different but I think you'll like the idea behind it!  Go pop on over for all the details.  Today's challenge is a card making style/color challenge.  We'd like to see some Classic & Elegant cards made with...

This color scheme~
(When playing along, please use at least three.)
http://design-seeds.com/palettes/FreshCherry.png

Here's my card~

I've used stamps by Hero Arts, liquid pearls by Ranger, white heat embossing powder by Stampendous!, dry embossing folders by Stampin' Up! (hexagonal) and Sizzix, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my card!  I hope you will join us this week and each week as we all practice our card making talents!  Don't forget to leave a little love with the other amazing card makers on my Classic & Elegant DT as well!!!  HUG and happy stamping friends!


16 comments:

Ruth M said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those beautiful blooms and leaves - and they sparkle too! Love the embossed panels in the two colours - honestly, I just LOVE everything about this card Mynn! I feel a CASE coming on! Thanks for inspiring my friend! Ruth x

Lisa Elton said...

Hey girl!!! We've been on vacay and I'm trying to get caught up with my visits. These are some pretty pretty flowers!! You've been a busy girl, so many pretty cards while I was away!!! I REALLY like your friend card with the fabulous colors and sweet red cherries. But the pretty little red polka dot flower card with the strips of wash is swoon worthy too!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and elegant Mynnette! Your heat embossing is beautiful on the flowers and I like the subtle sentiment banner. Thanks for all of your hard work on HOC! It is a great challenge!
- Shauna

sandie said...

Love the white embossing on the flowers and the layered colouring. Lovely and elegant!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous use of the colors -- I just started the white embossing - have to say LOVE IT!

Deepti said...

This is definetly elegant :) love ur card:)

Nancy Seed said...

Love, love, love it. The flowers look very elegant done in the white on the coloured CS. Great job. HUGS :)

StephC said...

What a beautiful card! Love those flowers, and the embossing is one of my favorite folders of all time. Well done my friend! :)

Donna Nuce said...

The white embossing is stunning! Love the sparkels too! I marvel at how you can switch out card styles so well. Have a great day!

Anita said...

This is stunning Mynn, I love the techniques that you used and the different embossing is fabulous. Hugs.

Alica said...

So pretty! Great flowers - love how you highlighted the flower centers and added a touch of glitter to the leaves! Very stylish!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Well I think you definitely captured the elegant part of this challenge with your beautiful card.

Aquarius said...

Love this - just right for the HOC challenge

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Mynn
Just love this card the blooms are fantastic.
Smiles:)
Sue

Pia S said...

The embossed flowers really are beautiful - such a great choice for the classic and elegant look! I also wanted to let you know I really like the concept of your new challenge blog...

Vannessa said...

As always Mynn, your card is full of gorgeousness! Love those beautiful flowers! Hugs, V xxx