Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Paper Sweeties October 2015 Inspiration Challenge


Hey, all!  It's time for another monthly challenge at Paper Sweeties, and Debbie has chosen some FABULOUS inspiration for us this month!  Check it out...


I absolutely loved the all neutral color scheme, plus all the textures.  I decided to be inspired by those things, and I made a shabby chic card--something I haven't done in a while!  Take a peek at my card...


I started by making the jar.  I used the Mason Jar stamp set and Mason Jar Sweet Cuts dies to do this.  I added some paper piecing, some white twine, and a vintage looking button.  I kept the colors all neutral--and I LOVE it!


To keep with the shabby theme, I added a doily and ribbons, along with some pearls and liquid pearl accents, underneath the jar.  I once again kept the colors all neutral.


Lastly, I added some flowers--paper and resin.  I added a few leaves for a bit of color, but still within the theme.  You can see some of the faux stitching I did on the card, too.  I used a black Glaze gel pen for a bit of shine.


After it was all put together, I added the panel to a kraft card base.  I am SUPER DUPER loving this card!  So glad I decided to try my hand at Shabby Chic style again!  I hope you like it, too--please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!


Thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek!  If you'd like to see more inspiration, join the hop and check out all the other gals' creations--you will NOT be disappointed!

Here's the hop list~
Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties
October Guest Designer:  Lisa Bzibziak

I'll be back later this month with release projects!

Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Mynn, thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I love your card too... so funny that we both thought of a jar and a doily and pearls...lol! Great minds... I love the colors of your flowers.. just a beautiful creation!

Cheryl said...

Oh, Mynn, this is beautiful! You should do shabby chic more often!!! I love how you dolled up the doily, and the flower grouping is fantastic. Love that faux stitching, too. Even after I read that it was faux, I still couldn't tell by looking. Fabulous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING that jar and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Ooooh!!! This is such a beauty Mynn!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Mynn your card is gorgeous! Love the vintage feel with the pearls and doily! So beautiful!

Maria said...

Lovely card with mason jar, Mynn!!! Just love the pretty flowers next to it! And, wonderful design...so pretty!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Mynn. You need to do shabby chic more often, because you aced this one!!!! It is beautiful! I just love the flowers and how you used the colors!