Friday, January 8, 2016

Black & Yellow Birthday


Hi, friends!  I'm back today with a bold and bright birthday card made using some of the *NEWEST* stamps from The Stamps of Life!  I am super excited about this card, so I hope you like it!  Take a peek...


The background was made with the *NEW* flowers2diefor stamp set.  There are SO many different flower images in this set--it is awesome!  The background was created by inking up a panel with Banana ink, then stamping different flower images in Licorice ink into onto the panel.  Finally, I stamped the entire panel onto some Powdered Sugar cardstock.  The effect is SO textured--it looks kind of soft and fuzzy!


The sentiment is from the happycalligraphy2stamp set.  I stamped the image onto vellum, then heat embossed it.  I chose vellum so that you could still see some of the fabulous flowers through the panel. :)


The flower was created by layering die cut pieces from the Sizzix Triplits Flowers #3 set.  I added a few black enamel dots from the Sky & Licorice Epoxy embellishment set, one as the center of this fun flower.


I am SO pleased with how this card turned out!  I hope you like it, too!  What do you think?  Please let me know in the comments below! :)


I'd like to enter this card into these fabulous challenges~







Thank you so very much for stopping by today!  I hope you take some time to play along with these fabulous challenges, or at least take a bit of time to do what you love!  I'll be back later with more paper crafted creations to share!  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping to you all! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

14 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Yellow isn't one of my "go to" colors, Mynn, but I love this black and yellow combo! Magnificent. :-D

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very striking card design, love it. Thanks for playing along with us at AYLI this week.
Lorraine DT

Lisa Elton said...

Great black and yellow combo Mynn! Your design is terrific and I like the polka dots peeking out on your focal bloom. Pretty card!!

Cazro said...

Fabulous colour palette of yellow and black. Loving the flowers. A wonderful sunny and bright card. Hope your fully recovered from your recent illness. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT

Julie B said...

Love the background you've created Mynn, yellow and black is such a classy colourway.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Galz. :)

Glittered Paws said...

Amazing card - love yellow and black but when I put it together it just doesn't seem to look as good!!! Glad to see you have some "crafting just because" time.

Stampsnob. said...

Such a bright happy greeting TFS at Craft Rocket Challenges Lis DT

Barbara Washburn said...

These colors are so vibrant! Who ever receives it should surely be smiling :)
Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love this card!!!!!!!!!! Yellow is my favorite color!!

Sarah said...

What a striking colour combination...reminds me of the summer!! Thank you for joining in at AYLI and Good Luck!1 Sarah :0)

Jackie C said...

Nice and sunny! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Pause Dream Enjoy, Jackie CT member

Jodene said...

What a beautifully vibrant birthday card! This would brighten anyone's day. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful yellow and black card. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
I hope you’ll come link up again soon!
Janis, Owner & DT Member
Pause Dream Enjoy
PDE Linky Party, Owner & DT Member

Cindy said...

What a happy, cheerful birthday card :-) Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz.